our state of preparedness and response to the covid-19 pandemic
Dear current or prospective patient,
This notice is to acknowledge and provide a protocol for handling sickness as we continue to hear of Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreaks across the US and the world. There is no higher priority to us at Primary Care Psychology Associates, LLC (PCPA) than the safety and wellbeing of our employees and patients. We are closely monitoring updates from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Chicago Department of Public Health and adjusting our policies and procedures accordingly.
Limited in-person psychotherapy appointments are available with select psychotherapists. If you are concerned about leaving your home due to risk of contamination, or if you are experiencing any symptoms that may be associated with COVID-19, please consider telehealth as an alternative to visiting our clinics. Convenient and confidential telehealth services are readily available to you or your child from the comfort of your home or personal office. All you will need in order to receive telehealth services at PCPA is a working phone or another electronic device with internet access, and an email address. Email or call your therapist today to receive information about setting up a telehealth visit! Additional information about telehealth visits is also available at email@example.com or 847-686-0090.
All patients looking to be seen in-person, please read below for our Office Safety Precautions in Effect During the Pandemic:
- Office seating in the waiting room and in therapy/testing offices has been arranged for appropriate physical distancing.
- PCPA staff and patients to follow a universal masking policy.
- PCPA staff maintains safe distancing.
- Restroom soap dispensers are maintained and everyone is encouraged to wash their hands.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available in the therapy/testing rooms and the waiting room.
- Appointments are scheduled at specific intervals to minimize the number of people in the waiting room.
- All patients are asked to wait in their cars or outside until no earlier than 5 minutes before their appointment times.
- Magazines, pens, and other commonly touched items in the waiting room have been removed at this time. Any high touch surface that is not able to be removed in the waiting room, are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
- Physical contact is not permitted.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
- Common areas are thoroughly disinfected at the end of each day.
Additional guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention are available here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html
Paul Kredow Psy.D.
President / Chief Psychologist
Primary Care Psychology Associates, LLC