our state of preparedness and response to the covid-19 pandemic
Dear current or prospective patient,
This notice is to acknowledge and provide a protocol for handling sickness as we continue to hear of Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreaks across the US and the world. There is no higher priority to us at Primary Care Psychology Associates, LLC (PCPA) than the safety and wellbeing of our employees and patients. We are closely monitoring updates from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Chicago Department of Public Health and adjusting our policies and procedures accordingly.
If you are concerned about leaving your home due to risk of contamination, or if you are experiencing any symptoms that may be associated with COVID-19, please consider telehealth as an alternative to visiting our clinics. Convenient and confidential telehealth services are readily available to you or your child from the comfort of your home or personal office. All you will need in order to receive telehealth services at PCPA is a working phone or another electronic device with internet access, and an email address. Email or call your therapist today to receive information about setting up a telehealth visit! Additional information about telehealth visits is also available at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-686-0090.
At PCPA, we are strictly following the CDC Guidelines for Prevention:
* Offices and common areas are being cleaned and disinfected thoroughly and often, and between sessions.
* PCPA staff and patients are strongly encouraged to abstain from shaking hands during this sensitive time.
* PCPA staff and patients are strongly encouraged to STAY HOME if experiencing any symptoms, until they are fever free or free from symptoms, without the aid of fever reducing medication.
* Should you or your child need to cancel an appointment with less than 24 hr notice due to becoming ill, please notify your therapist immediately and a telehealth appointment can be easily arranged. If the option of Telehealth is not feasible, cancellation fees may be waived due to your illness.
* If your therapist needs to cancel an appointment due to illness, we will do our best to notify you as soon as possible and offer alternative modes of treatment.
* PCPA staff who begin feeling sick during the day, will be strongly encouraged to go home.
* Additional guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html
Paul Kredow Psy.D.
President / Chief Psychologist
Primary Care Psychology Associates, LLC